When you come to this page, you may want to find out information about the toll – free number for Aetna. If you want to know the toll – free number for Aetna, you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to share that crucial information.
What is Aetna’s Toll – Free Number?
The toll – free number for Aetna is 877-238-6200. This is the best phone number for Aetna, the real-time current wait on hold and the tools for skipping right through those phone lines to obtain the right to an Aetna agent. This toll-free number is Aetna’s best phone number because over 37,000 customers like you used this contact information over the last 18 months and gave them feedback. Common issues addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 877-238-6200 include Get insurance, Make a claim, Renew coverage, Delayed claim, Coverage question and other customer service problems.
The Aetna call center which you call into has employees from California, Texas, Philippines, and is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm EST according to the customers. In total, Aetna has 13 phone numbers. It is not always clear what is the best method to talk to Aetna representatives, thus we started compiling this information built from suggestions from the customer community.
While 877-238-6200 is the toll – free number for Aetna, there are 17 total methods to get in touch with them. The next best method to talk to their customer support team, based on the other Aetna customers, is by calling their 844-202-4408 phone number for their New Customers department. Besides calling, the next favorite choice for the customers who look for help is via 844-202-4408 for the new customers.
Another way to reach Aetna is by visiting their Twitter account. There you will be able to join them in a conversation about the future of healthcare. The official Aetna Customer Service Twitter representatives are there to listen and help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Corporate Headquarters Phone Number
For general inquiries, you will be able to reach their corporate headquarters at 1-888-US-AETNA (1-800-872-3862) (TTY: 711). Need to know that there is no option for the members to get information at this number. Remember that this is the phone number for the Corporate Contact Center. Of course, they do not have access to member accounts, however they are able to provide Aetna Member Services contact information. For your convenience, we highly suggest you add your Member Services number to your phone contacts.
If you are an Aetna member with some questions about your coverage, then you are able to refer to their Member Services page for login information and additional methods to contact them.
Requesting a Call from Aetna
Do you want to request a call from Aetna? If so, just complete a form to make them call you. Remember that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are needed.
Here are some steps you can do to request a call:
- The first thing that you need to do is enter your first name.
- After that, you are able to enter your last name.
- Now, you are able to submit your phone number correctly.
- Also, you need to submit a Zip Code.
- The last step, you are going to ask whether you are an Aetna Medicare member.
Just it, the way to request a call from Aetna.
Some Things to Know About Aetna
Here are some things to know about Aetna:
- Aetna was built under the leadership of its first president (Eliphalet Bulkeley) in 1853 and has its roots as an annuity fund to sell life insurance.
- The company has ties to lots of facets of American history, insuring the atomic Manhattan Project, encouraging bond sales during the world wars and providing group coverage to the United Nations. According to research, about 1985, Aetna was the hugest insurer in the country, and seriously the payer began to develop its HMOs, PPOs and other products.
- Currently, Aetna is under the leadership of Karen Lynch. She was the first woman to serve as the company’s president in its 160-year history when she took over in the year of 2015. Now, Ms. Lynch is the president and CEO of CVS Health, that owns Aetna.
- In the year of 2018, CVS Health closed a $70 billion acquisition of Aetna. The payer maintained its leadership and also structure, operating as a stand-alone unit.
- At this time, Aetna insures about 40 million people total through medical, dental, Medicare, pharmacy, Medicaid, behavioral health and management coverage. It gives and provides medical coverage to 24.7 million people.
- Aetna owns 5 subsidiaries. But, since its acquisition by CVS Health, the payer taps the CVS services, like it’s pharmacy benefits manager.
- On the horizon, Ms. Lynch said that CVS Health is focusing further integration between Aetna and its other healthcare offerings. One instance may be encouraging the members of Aetna to use CVS MinuteClinics over competitors.
- As the payers quickly adopted virtual-first health plans throughout 2021, then Aetna led the pack. The payer was the first to launch a national virtual-first plan with virtual primary care, dermatology, mental health counseling, and more.
- According to Forbes, Aetna is reentering the ACA marketplace in the year of 2022 after leaving the space 4 years ago. It is going to sell individual coverage as Ms. Lynch cited stronger market conditions.
Rankings and Ratings
- Currently, CVS Health is ranked number four on Fortune’s U.S. 500 list and number seven on its international 500 list.
- Ms. Lynch topped 50 most powerful women list, beating out Gail Boudreaux, Anthem CEO and president.
- The company ranked number twenty-six on DiversityInc’s top 50 Companies for Diversity list.
- CVS Health created both the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indices. The company has been known and recognized on the North American index for the past 9 years.