When you come to this page, you may want to know the phone number for Aetna Insurance Claims. If you want to know the phone number for Aetna Insurance Claims, you have to read this entire article. On this page, we are going to share that great information.
The Phone Number for Aetna Insurance Claims
Aetna is a health insurance and benefits company in the United States. With millions of plan members, it is not surprising that Aetna receives a lot of customer service calls each and every day. One of the common issues addressed by the members is about Aetna Insurance Claims. By the way, what is the number for Aetna Insurance Claims? If you want to get information about Aetna Insurance Claims, you are able to call Aetna Customer Service at 877-238-6200. This is also toll – free number for Aetna.
This Aetna Customer Service is Aetna’s best phone number because over 40, 000 customers used this contact information over the last 18 months and also gave them feedback. The common issues addressed by the customer care unit that answers calls to 877-238-6200 include making a claim, getting insurance, renew coverage, delayed claim, coverage question and other customer service problems. For your information, this Aetna call center is open Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm EST according to the customers. We get information that Aetna has 13 phone numbers in total.
While 877-238-6200 is the Aetna Customer Service number, there are 17 total methods to get in touch. Another best method to talk to their customer support team, based on the other Aetna customers, is by calling their 844-202-4408 phone number for their New Customers department. Besides calling, the next method for the customers who look for help is by visiting their Twitter account. You will be able to join them in a conversation about the future of healthcare. The official Aetna Customer Service Twitter representatives are there to help and listen to, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why Do People Call Aetna Customer Service Number?
Of course, people call Aetna customer support for a variety of reasons, including:
- To modify or end their insurance or benefit plans.
- To submit questions about the coverage.
- To ask for help with locating an in-network health care professional.
- To track or appeal a claim.
- Technical support in using Aetna’s site.
- To find out whether a prescription drug is covered under a pharmacy plan.
Best Practices for Calling Aetna Customer Service
There are some things you can do to help ensure that your call to Aetna is resolved quickly:
- Make sure that you are calling the right number. Keep in mind that Aetna has different contact information for different programs and services.
- Before calling, you have to assemble necessary information and documentation. This will include your member ID card, contact information for your health care provider, a description of benefits, relevant correspondence and billing statements.
- You must have a way to take notes during your call. Notes will be able to be helpful if you have to call Aetna back or escalate your case.
What Type of Issues Can Aetna Customer Service Representative Resolve?
An Aetna Customer service representative will be able to resolve a range of problems, including giving callers information about their coverage, checking on the status of claim processing, and updating personal information, such as changing phone numbers and addresses.
Also, an Aetna customer service representative will be able to provide information about prescription drug coverage and whether a particular provider is in your network. Obtaining answers to your questions before scheduling a visit or trying to buy a prescription drug can save your money and time, especially if your prescription or selected provider is not covered by your Aetna plan.
What Cannot Be Resolved With a Call to Aetna Customer Service?
An Aetna customer service representative is not a medical professional and cannot diagnose medical issues or give medical advice. While an Aetna customer service representative does offer a nurse hotline. The nurses who staff this line give information only, and cannot tell you how to manage your health problems.
Also, it should also be noted that Aetna customer service agents do not create decisions about whether to approve or reject a claim or treatment. They will not be able to resolve these problems on your behalf.
You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Aetna – What Should You Do?
Occasionally, customer service calls do not go the way you want. If this occurs with a call to Aetna customer service, do not worry. You have options for getting the answers to your questions or problems resolved.
- First, you are able to review the notes which you took during your call. If you did not take notes while speaking with Aetna customer service, just note what you remember from the conversation. Having the facts will make it easier to stay on topic when you contact Aetna again.
- Next, you are able to call Aetna back. The Aetna Customer service representatives have different levels of training and experience. The next person you speak to might be in a better position to resolve your issues.
- If another call to Aetna Customer service representative does not resolve your problems, you are able to try a different way of getting in touch. As we know that Aetna offers live chat and email customer service choices to its members. Using either one of these choices has the benefit of providing you with a transcript of your communication with Aetna.
How to Request a Call from Aetna?
Also, you are able to request a call from Aetna. For this case, please complete a form to make them call you. Warning: All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are needed.
Here are several steps to request a call from Aetna:
- Enter your first name.
- Enter your last name.
- Enter your phone number correctly.
- Also, enter a Zip Code.
- Confirm whether you are an Aetna Medicare member or not.