Aetna is one of the most popular insurance providers with so many members. It is not surprising why it is popular because it offers a wide range of individual, family, Medicare, and employer health insurance products.
- Policy types: Medicare, HMO, PPO, HMO-POS, HAS, FSA, POS, CDHP, EPO, Medicaid, Indemnity
- Availability: Nationwide
- Coverage limit: Varies depending on state or plan
- Deductible: Varies depending on state or plan
- Maximum annual benefit: Varies depending on state or plan
- Waiting period: Varies depending on state or plan
- Provides in network: 1.2 million
- Covers telehealth: Yes
- Policy management: Mobile app, website, phone
Not only that, everyone is also able to participate in an HSA or health savings plan, making it possible for them to save money and to be free from tax to apply towards their insurance deductible and some other expenses that are related to their health.
There are a number of insurance plans offered by Aetna. Some of the health insurance plans offered by the company include:
- Employer health insurance
Employer health insurance is described as a kind of health plan that is offered through your job. The ones that are able to purchase this plan are the business owners. They are the ones that can provide them to the employees. These business owners have an option to choose the things to include in their policies, that may include several things such as medical, dental, health, disability and life coverages.
- Medicare advantage and supplement
For those who are currently enrolled in Medicare parts A and B, you are offered Medicare Advantage and Supplement policies by Aetna. Besides, the company will cover the gaps in your original Medicare plan. Apparently, Aetna Medicare Advantage plans are divided into three. These include PPO, HMO, and HMO-POS.
|Things to Compare||PPO plans||HMO plans||HMO-POS plans|
|Provider network requirements||No one- out of network will cost more||Yes, must use in network unless an emergency||No one, out of network will cost more|
|Required referrals for specialists?||No||Yes||Sometimes|
|Monthly premiums||$0 – $214||$0 – $178||$0 – $33|
|Deductible||$0 – $1,800||$0 – $1,180||$0 – $500|
|Dental, vision and hearing coverage?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
As stated earlier, there are some Medicare Supplement plans offered by Aetna. Here is the breakdown of these plans:
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C||Plan D||Plan F||Plan G||Plan N|
|Medical Part A coinsurance||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Medical Part B coinsurance||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Blood (3 pins)||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Part A hospice care coinsurance||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Skilled nursing facility coinsurance||X||X||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Medical Part A deductible||X||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Medical Part B deductible||X||X||100%||X||100%||X||X|
|Medical Part B excess charges||X||X||X||X||100%||100%||X|
|Foreign travel emergency||X||X||80%||80%||80%||80%||80%|
- Dental and vision insurance
According to ValuePenguin, the stand-alone dental insurance is available through Aetna Dental Direct. Take note that all preventive services such as dental exams, X-rays and fluoride treatments are covered by dental insurance. It means the patients do not have to pay extra fee for these services. Unfortunately, dental coverage is not available in every state. Connecticut and New York are two examples of states where dental coverage is not available.
For more details about the insurance options offered by Aetna, the best thing that you can do is to visit the official website of Aetna at https://www.aetna.com.
Every insurance plan offered by Aetna has some benefits. For the health insurance plans some of the benefits include:
- Affordable options: Aetna has a large number of insurance options. You can choose one based on your budget. You can calculate the amount of money that you spend every month to decide which one to choose. So many plants that combine high levels of coverage with affordability are available to choose from.
- Preventive care: The preventive care will be paid by Aetna health insurance plans. If you are wondering what type of preventive care that is covered by Aetna health insurance, the list includes annual doctor’s visits, immunizations, and some other preventative care services.
- Claims: There will be no need for you to fill out the claim forms when you use an in network health care provider like Aetna.
- Family plans: Family plans mean your family members, including your partner and your children, can be covered when they visit doctors, get hospitalized, or get preventative care.
- Has (Health Savings Account): One of the benefits offered by Aetna is the ability to put money away into an Has in order to help meet your insurance deductible or other health care needs.
- Large provider network: even if you are the kind of person who travels a lot, getting healthcare should not be a problem for you as Aetna has a large provider network.
Aetna is no doubt one of the best things. Aside from the benefits of the health insurance plans above, some other benefits include:
- It is possible for you to get a quote and buy coverage online.
- It has low cost insurance options.
- It has a large selection of health care providers to choose from.
- It has many supplemental health insurance products and plans.
- It includes CVS pharmacy network.
- It is rated A by AM Best.
- It is a large state by state network.
- It has excellent financial strength and customer service ratings
For more information about Aetna, once again, you are encouraged to visit the official website of Aetna at www.aetna.com. If you have a few things to ask, do not hesitate to call 1-800-US-AETNA (1-800-872-3862). If you want to call the number, please do it between 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET since it is available at these hours. For those who are residing in Connecticut, please call 1-860-273-0123 instead.