The current pandemic has forced a lot of people to do a lot of things remotely at home, including working. Many companies and organizations decide to ask their employees to not go to the offices and instead, ask them to work from home to prevent the virus from spreading.
If you are a job seeker who is aware of how dangerous COVID-19 is, you probably prefer to look for the job vacancies that allow you to work from home. If you are an occupation therapy assistant who are looking for remote jobs, you can look for one online. There are a lot of websites that provide such information. One of the most recommended is called Glassdoor.
How do you find the remote occupational therapy assistant jobs in Glassdoor? If you want to do that, you can follow each step below:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of Glassdoor at https://www.glassdoor.com./
- When you are on its homepage, you will have to log in to the site through Facebook or Google.
- After logging in, you will be able to use the search bars.
- As you are looking for the remote occupation therapy jobs, you can enter “occupation therapy assistant” in the Search for job titles, companies, or keywords field and “remote” in the Location field.
- Do not forget to press Enter after filling out these two.
- Just like that, the results related to the keywords will be shown on the screen.
One of the job vacancies related to the keyword is offered by OT2U. For those who are not familiar with OT2U, this company is headquartered in Coral Springs, Florida. It is known as a public company. For more information about the company, you are suggested to visit the official website of it at https://www.ot2u.com/.
The company named OT2U is looking for a certified occupational therapist assistant or COTA. The job is a remote or a virtual one. Besides, it is a part time job and it is a contract one. There are a few requirements that you have to meet to be hired, including:
- Having a table internet connection
- Having an ability to use Zoom
- Having Certified Florida Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) active licensed
- Having the ability to get personal liability insurance
- Having Telehealth Pediatric experience
- Wanting to follow a treatment plan that is goal oriented based upon interpretation of OT evaluation results and the personal goals of the patient
- Wanting to perform intervention accordingly
If you are looking for a remote occupation therapy assistant job, this might be the best one for you. Aside from being remote, it is also a part time job, giving you more time to spend more time with your family members. It is really perfect, especially for the working women outside there.
How about the salary? How much will you get if you are hired? According to Glassdoor, the average base salary is $30.50 per hour. By getting the amount, you will need to work for five days from Monday to Friday.
If you think that the salary is far from enough or if you are looking for a full time job, feel free to visit Glassdoor to find more vacancies. Apart from Glassdoor, you might also want to visit Simply Fired to find more job vacancies.
One of the job vacancies related to occupation therapy assistant found in Simply Hired is offered by US Veterans Health Administration. While the one explained above is part time, this one is full time. Unfortunately, it is not a virtual one. The organization is located in Memphis, TN. If you prefer full time over part time, this might be the best one for you as it offers $48,378 – $62,894 per year. If you are hired, you will have to work from Monday through Friday starting from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. If you are interested in this job, here are the basic requirements that you should meet:
- Citizenship: It is a must for you to be a citizen of the United States. Actually, there is a chance for the non-US citizen to be appointed if it is not possible to recruit the qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education: You will have to complete an associate’s degree in occupational therapy from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Association Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) or completion of a military training program in an occupational therapy assistant program accredited by the ACOTE.
- Certifications: As an occupational therapy assistant, you must have written documentation that you have passed the entry level certification examination for OTAs administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Licensure: As an occupational therapy assistant, you must hold a full, current and unrestricted state license to practice occupational therapy in a state, territory, a commonwealth of the United States or in the District of Columbia.
- English language proficiency: You must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with 38 U.S.C. § 7403(f).
In addition to these basic requirements, there are also some other requirements, such as:
- Ability to apply the delegated assessments.
- Ability to give reports of observations and patient performance.
- Ability to take the advantage of complex therapeutic techniques and interventions, using the problem solving skills to maximize the functional status of the patient.
- Ability to modify therapeutic interventions for both simple and complex cases with a wide range of diagnoses and disabilities.
- Ability to recommend complex adaptive and assistive devices and durable medical equipment.
- Ability to team up and communicate well with the health care practitioners about the treatment plan of the patient and the occupational therapy scope of practice and services.
For the detailed information about this job vacancy, the best thing that you can do is to visit the official website of Simply Hired at simplyhired.com or the official website of US Veterans Health Administration.