When you want to make decisions about your health care, you can rely on the Aetna Medicare Network. Aetna is CVS Health company that helps people live healthier through a great system, providing more convenience for their customers.
Aetna provides a bunch of services that you can get related to your healthcare. Through Aetna Medicare Network, you will easily find proper healthcare. One of the services that Aetna provides is to allow you to find a doctor. Certainly, there are some extra steps that you should do to find a doctor in Aetna Medicare Network. Let’s see the guide below!
Finding A Doctor in Aetna Medicare Network, Here’s How!
Finding a doctor in Aetna Medicare Network is pretty easy. You just simply visit the official Aetna Medicare website that you can access here. After you are on the homepage of Aetna Medicare Network, you will find some menus that will navigate you to a certain page.
Since you want to find a doctor, you have to click on the ‘Find a doctor or prescription’ menu. After clicking the menu, there will be two options, including:
- Find a doctor, dentist or hospital
- Pharmacy & prescription tools
Make sure to click the first option that says ‘Find a doctor, dentist or hospital’. In the next page, there are two options:
1. Find a Doctor as a Guest
If you are not a member of Aetna Medicare Network, you can choose this option to find a doctor as a guest. As a guest, you need to select your plan year; ‘2012 and 2022’. After that, you need to choose the second question that says ‘How do you get your Medicare coverage?’.
In the second question, there are two options; ‘Individual Medicare Plan’ and ‘Employer or Group-Sponsored Retiree Plan’. Afterwards, you need to enter your state’s ZIP Code. After you choose all options, you have to click on the ‘Find a doctor’ button.
On the next page, you may have to select a plan. There will be a bunch of medicare plans that you can choose, including:
- Medicare Advantage with Prescription Drug Plan
- Medicare Advantage Plan
- Skip Plan Selection
In each plan above, there will be sub-categories that you need to select. Once you select a plan, you can then click the ‘Continue to find care’ option to see the network providers. Keep in mind, each plan has a different network of providers, so it is very essential for you to choose a proper plan.
In the next page, there will be a number of categories that you can choose, depending on your need, here are they:
- Medical Doctor & Specialist (include primary care physicians, pediatricians, cardiologist, OB/GYNs and others)
- Hospital & Facilities (include hospitals, physical therapy centers, facilities, nursing, dialysis centers and others)
- Urgent care (refers to a type of facility focused on the delivery of urgent care outside of an emergency room)
- Walk-In Clinics (refers to a facility which accepts patient on a walk-in basis and with no appointment required)
- Pharmacy (allows you to search for pharmacies by location)
- Behavioral Health (includes counseling, psychiatrists, EAP, treatment, mental health facilities, substance abuse, and others)
- Dental Care (include dentists, periodontists, orthodontists, others)
- Vision (include routine eye exams, contact lenses and glasses)
- Labs & Testings (include lab tests, blood work, sleep centers, diagnostic testing centers, etc)
- Alternative Medicine (include acupuncturist, chiropractors, massage therapist, etc)
- Durable Medical Equipment (includes breast pumps, hearing aids, wheelchairs, prosthetics, diabetes equipment, etc)
- Common Procedure & Conditions (refers to a way of searching providers by procedures they perform or condition they treat)
- Institutes of Quality/ Institutes of Excellence (refer to facilities which have met standards to provide value and quality to the members)
Make sure to choose the category based on what you need. After you choose one category, you just simply follow the further instructions until you find a doctor and healthcare services in a specific location that will be shown on your screen.
2. Find a Doctor as a Member
If you are a member of Aetna Medicare Network, you need to click on the ‘Log in to find a doctor’ option. In the next page, you just simply log into Aetna Medicare Network with your account to start finding a doctor.
When logging in, you need to enter your username and password that you have set in registration. Make sure to correctly enter your username and password. After that, you need to click on the ‘Secure Log In’ button to start logging in. If you have logged in, you just need to follow the further instructions available on your screen.
If you want to be an Aetna member, you need to register first by creating an account. To create an account in Aetna, you just click on the ‘Register’ button on the Login page. After clicking it, you will be taken to the New User Registration Page.
On the registration page, there are four steps that you have to pass in creating an Aetna account including Personal Information, Validate Identity, Create Account and Terms and Conditions. To create an Aetna account, you should provide some basic information. Your personal information that you have to fill include:
- Member ID/ Social Security
- Your full first name
- Your full last name
- Your date of birth
- Zip Code
After you fill out your personal information, you can just click on the ‘Continue’ button to go to the next step. In case of filling your personal information, make sure to fill out the information as correctly as possible.
What you should do is to follow on-screen instructions to continue registration. In the next step, you may need to validate your identity, create your account in detail and comply with the terms & conditions.
After you create your account in Aetna, you can start finding a doctor, dentist, pharmacy and the resources. Before you can start finding a doctor and other resources in Aetna Medicare Network, you have to login first once creating an Aetna account.
Okay, that’s how to find a doctor in Aetna Medicare Network. If you are looking for a proper doctor nearby, you just simply visit Aetna Medicare Network to find a proper one.