As a medical billing and coding clerk, it is important for you to know the best medical billing and coding software. After you know the information about it, you can use it for making your job easier. According to Select Hub, here are the best medical billing software by Analyst rating. But you can read also the list of free software here
DrChrono is an integrated software which is able to be used by organizations which range from smaller ambulatory clinics to bigger hospitals and enterprises. It provides configurable medical forms, scheduling, e-prescribing, and more with access to over 40,000 labs. Many organizations utilize this platform where they use it for organizing every aspect of their patient intake to streamline everyday operations and they also can keep focusing on quality healthcare.
With this software, physicians are allowed to create virtual appointments while sending automated messages to patients without having to download additional modules. How about patients? They are able to request virtual doctor visits, attend online visits using any device and sign consent forms in real time.
Why do we have to use DrChrono? Here are the benefits that you can enjoy if you use DrChrono.
- It can increase operational efficiency. The productivity and efficiency will be improved with time-saving tools like medical templates, speech-to-text and dynamic photo charting.
- It has simple patient check-in. Patients can experience a stress free check-in by auto-filling their information and syncing that data to the EHR.
- It offers flexibility. With DrChrono, you can configure clinical forms and medical templates to adapt to current work styles. This software can be tailored to any type of health organization.
- It provides Patient Educational Material. Patients are provided with necessary medical information related to their treatment and visits.
- The labs are integrated. It can integrate with systems like Quest, LabCorp, Surescripts and other third-party labs to minimize paperwork and handle administrative tasks.
- DrChrono is fully certified. DrChrono is HIPAA certified and it secures sensitive information and meets meaningful use standards.
It is explained on the Select Hub site that this platform was the first EHR to build a native app for the iPad and iPhone.
CureMD is another best medical billing and coding software where it ranks number two according to Select Hub. This software is a cloud-based solution where it is able to handle a number of a healthcare facility’s administrative and clinical tasks, from appointment scheduling and patient documentation all the way through the billing and payment process. This software can be used by a variety of healthcare organizations and specialities of all sizes. It is also easy for users to access and update a patient’s medical information and also automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
Here are the things that CureMD offers for you.
- It has fewer errors. This platform can chart and document medical data electronically for fewer mistakes caused by human error. It can also get rid of any legibility of handwriting issues which may cause an incorrect diagnosis.
- It has more accurate treatment. This software can keep track of a patient’s entire medical history to ensure more accurate and effective healthcare with fewer documentation errors.
- The productivity and efficiency are increased. You are able to access the information of patients with one quick search. It also enables an increase in daily traffic and the quality of healthcare because it is combined with fewer errors and more accurate treatment.
- It can secure the information. This software can store sensitive medical information and avoid the risk of it being misplaced, destroyed or tampered with. You are able to assign different access levels to assure that there is no one who has access to private information or information they do not need.
- Communication is increased. You are able to view medical history and communicate with patients in real time on a mobile device to provide more effective treatment on the go.
- With CureMD, you stay compliant. You are able to avoid fines and secure customer data by complying with modern standards and security practices like MACRA, MIPS, and HIPPA.
- It has advanced specialties. If you cater to specialities such as ambulatory surgery, allergy, behavioral health, dermatology, cardiology, endocrinology and many others, you are able to stay agile and compliant.
3. Kareo Billing
There is another software system which is designed for independent practices and medical specialties and the name is Kareo Billing. This platform is used by Health Organizations to build relationships with patients while giving the highest quality of care.
This system is used by a wide range of specialty clinics to handle daily operations such as managing claims, scheduling, billing and payment, revenue management and more. There are over 60 million secure patient records which are managed using this software.
Here are the advantages of using Kareo Billing.
- It can maximize productivity. It permits staff to be able to manage patients better, upload documents and send secure messages electronically. For physicians, they are able to see more patients each day without having to sacrifice quality care.
- It can streamline workflow. It has smart workflows which can help do things right the first time, every time. It offers an easier process intake and it also has more effective coding tools. So, you are able to get more done in less time.
- If it is compared to a lot of other medical software solutions, the implementation is able to be quick and simple. It has an easy to use interface and a support coach’s support. So, customers are able to get comfortable with the software and go-live quickly.
- It can reduce coding errors. This software can reduce coding errors. This software does it by sweeping claims before they are submitted. The result is that facilities are able to be paid faster without worrying about missing out on any claims.
- It offers flexibility. This software is able to be configured to independent practices of all sizes, with hundreds of customizable templates tailored to almost 50 medical specialties.
For over 15 years, this software has been serving independent healthcare practices. This software is utilized by more than 50,000 healthcare providers and physicians and it serves over 45 different medical specialties throughout the US.